Tuesday, May 15, 2012

lightening & thunder


Last night there was a huge lightening storm. 
It's been raining on and off for the last few days with the occasional roll of thunder or flash of lightening. But last night was the first true thunderstorm. 

I fell asleep to the sound of the rain. 
I had left my window and balcony door cracked open-- 
the sound of a storm is both comforting and thrilling. 
I woke up on and off throughout the night.
Sometimes for only a few minutes but sometimes laying awake for an hour at a time, 
just enjoying the sounds. 

It has been a long time since I've been able to soak up the sounds of a storm. 
Last night, I was able to do that-- 
and it was truly soothing. 

I was bundled up in a blue blanket and my white sheets: 
it was a little chilly from the winds rushing in, 
but I let my thoughts passively wander and I just listened. 
I just listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment