Monday, February 6, 2012

First Day of Class


Today was my first day of classes at ACT. I felt like such a freshman. I sat in on the wrong class for a few minutes and struggled to find a classroom. It was embarrassing but hey, it could have been worse. I am taking Greek Language 101, Women in Literature, Religions of the World, and Modern Art and Architecture. I had the first three classes today and tomorrow I'll get to see what my Modern Art class is like. My teachers all seem great and the syllabus's don't foretell tooooo difficult of a semester.

In my religions of the world class we went around and all said our names and where we are from and a few fun facts about ourselves. One guy, Christian, said he was from Romania. Immediately my eyes lit up and when I saw him in the Cafeteria I went up next to him and said: Buna Ziua, Ce faci? And he was so surprised, it was great. I sat and talked with him for a bit and he promised to help me with my Romanian if I help him with Spanish. Deal. He introduced me to a few of his friends who are Albanian and Greek. It felt so great to meet students from other countries because I don't want to be that American that goes to Greece and ONLY hangs out with other Americans. The other American study abroad students here are incredible, I feel so blessed to have them with me! But I do want to meet people from other countries too, of course. So, I'm off to a good start :)

No comments:

Post a Comment